Gamma Iota Sigma - Omega Chapter
What is Gamma?
Gamma Iota Sigma is the premier risk management, insurance, and actuarial science professional fraternity. We prepare our members to interact with leading industry professionals, provide learning opportunities and events to foster their careers.
Why is Gamma for Me?
Gamma Iota Sigma is not just for those interested in insurance. We are open to anyone who wants to learn about professionalism and furthering their career. Risk management is a part of everyone’s life in some way or another, wouldn’t you like to know how to handle your own risk, and be able to help others at the same time? Joining Gamma will allow you to gain valuable insights into how the business world around you operates.
What can Gamma do for You?
Gamma Iota Sigma opens the door to all professionals and allows individuals to find their fit in the organization while maintaining a work life balance.
Take it from the 2020-2021 Gamma officers, In their own words, here's what Gamma has done for them:
More Benefits of Gamma
- National and International Travel Opportunities
- Priority selection for $40,000 in Scholarships
- Early Access to Internship and Job postings
- 99% Job Placement after Graduation
- Exclusive Social with Employers after Career Fair
- Resume Book
- Food at Meetings!
Fall 2023 Upcoming Events
- CPCU I Day - September 14th
MTSU Student Union Ballroom
- Gamma Iota Sigma International Conference - September 27-30
- MTSU Risk Management & Insurance Career Fair - October 5th
MTSU, Business and Aerospace Building, Second and Third Floor lobbies
- Young Risk Professionals Day - October 19th
MTSU, Miller Educational Center
- Insurefest - October 22 & 23
- WSIA - November 2 & 3
Here is the link and QR code for our GIS Interest form.